Elephant Thoughts Global Development Initiatives is a registered Canadian charity, founded in 2002 by a group of teachers, principals and other professional educators. Our mandate is to help promote high standards of education worldwide despite economic or geographic barriers. As we pursue this mandate we make sure that everything we do will both propagate and celebrate cultures as well as cultivate values of environmental stewardship among the students we engage. We fulfill our mandate by: supporting schools all over the planet; serving as professional development and resources for teachers; building schools in the developing world; sponsoring children to go to school in the developing world; creating and delivering one of a kind exceptional educational programs; and by sharing our resources with other NGO’s working in the same field.
Currently Elephant Thoughts works across Canada in more than 75 First Nations and Inuit Communities, and in Nicaragua, Tanzania, Nepal, and India.
- Ensure availability of quality education for children all over the world.
- Contribute to a state of universal education and literacy by:
- Creating new technologies in education.
- Providing accessible continued education to peoples of remote and impoverished communities.
- Supporting and initiating projects promoting cultural understanding, sharing, and education between western society and people from both Aboriginal and foreign communities.
- Supporting and initiating projects that improve the standards of living in the Developing World and Aboriginal communities we are engaged with.