Human Right to Quality Education
In this module your students will participate in activities and guided discussion to analyze the barriers to education that children face around the world. We take a look at the unique challenges facing girls and boys and ask the students if they can think of any other minoritized groups who might face their own unique challenges.
what you can expect
- Gain appreciation for the access to education afforded to most students in Canada
- Introduction to the United Nations Sustainable Development goals with a deeper look at Goal 4: Quality education for all
- Learn how boys and girls face unique barriers to education in different parts of the world
- Listen to a real story from Sierra Leone, about Aminata, a young woman who was forced to marry and have children at a very young age
- A snapshot on how the COVID pandemic has set back years of progress toward reaching the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4
Downloads & Preparation
The preparation for this module is moderate.
- One activity requires several print outs, photocopying and preparation by the teacher in advance.
student submissions: share your brilliance!
Do you have a great idea for how we can improve equality in access to quality education for all children and youth around the world? Let’s share our ideas! Complete the form below to submit your ideas and images. We will contact you when we publish your ideas with other ideas submitted from students across the world.