Youth Mental Wellbeing
Youth mental health issues including depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and suicide are on the rise in Canada.
Instances of youth suicide in Indigenous communities has become a heartbreaking epidemic. In our effort to provide a happy, prosperous, well-balanced future for all children and youth, we have pursued two main strategies to combat youth mental health issues. Those two strategies include taking a leading role in developing and managing The Collingwood Youth Centre, in partnership with other local organizations, and developing Kimbercote Centre, a nature education centre.
Each strategy has in common:
- Engaging youth in areas they are passionate about
- Exposing youth to new experiences and mentors
- Allowing youth to express themselves and develop their leadership potentials
- Allowing youth to have fun with their friends in a safe, inclusive, and stimulating environment
- Exposing youth to healthy choices like active lifestyles and healthy cooking