the woods at kimbercote
Kimbercote is a place for youth to retreat into nature. Nature’s gifts enable youth to recharge, develop resilience, and develop new tools to deal with the issues they face.
Situated in over 100 acres of forest, stream, and trails in the picturesque Beaver Valley near Kimberley, Ontario, Kimbercote is also home to a UNESCO world biosphere site, the Niagara Escarpment.
Youth gravitate to The Woods at Kimbercote for the School in Nature; PD Day programs; March Break Camps and Summer Camps. Programming focuses on environmental science and cultural workshops and can include learning traditional knowledge from local Indigenous Elders, skill building, nutritional education, outdoor survival, art, music and so much more.
amazing stuff you can expect at kimbercote
- Building a traditional sweat lodge with an Anishinaabe Elder and be guided through a sweat
- Building your own drum and paddle workshops
- Forest foraging for edible plants and mushrooms and learn to cook with them
- Orienteering and geo-caching
- Canoeing and hiking
- Interacting with people from diverse cultures
- And that’s just a start!